cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to End a Call When the Termination Key is Not Pressed - IPCC Enterprise

roman3mcisco
Level 1
Level 1

There is a Cisco document on this topic as folows (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008043af3b.shtml)

However, this only applies for a Cisco IP Contact Center (IPCC) Express environment. Is there a way I can implement this function in IPCCE (I am running CRS 4.5 (2) and ICM 7.1(4)).

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

CRS is a family of products with many similar components. You can think of Express as IPIVR (as used with your Enterprise system) with a bunch of agent delivery subsystems.

The code will work.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks very much Geoff. I would test this function in a lab environment.

I just posted this due to the following comment that is written within this document: "Only use the On Exception Goto step for IPCC Express scripts or scripts that do not involve ICM Translation-Routing / ICM Post-Routing applications."

Thanks again.

OK, maybe not then.

What are you doing here? Are you asking for input from your callers and the number of digits can vary?

It's pretty standard to say "enter your account number and then press pound (hash)" so I would try to push the customer in that direction if the data required is of variable length. These are a problem to handle correctly otherwise.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff, I will try to explain better.

Normally when a call disconnects, contact with the caller terminates, this means that the script also terminates.

My client's scripts set PVs in the CRS scripts to send info to an ICM script to flag where callers have been within the IVR as to get stats in webview.

Lets assume that a caler has been served by the CRS script (i.e: customer received his Acc balance). Then the caller is asked to press 1 to return to mainmenu, 2 to go to an operator or to just hungup. Some scenarios here:

1.If a customer just hungup script terminates so PV cannot be set to be sent to ICM to flag a specific Calltype so I have no record of a customer having been in this service.

2.If caller selects 1 (mainmenu) then PV is set to a value where the caller has been within the iVR, so ICM will flag this call to an specifc call type.

I know this is a desing problem but this could be easily fixed by using "On Exception Goto" step.

Thanks

Oh, sorry. I was way off - I was thinking of the DTMF Data Entry Termination Key (pound or hash). Now I understand. I did not mean to mislead you.

In CVP, the problem also exists.

You can create a custom OnCallEnd Java class that you attach to the application. This can write into the log file - so you can know where your callers are hanging up in the reports - but you cannot activate the SubDialog Return that sends data back to ICM.

If you can call Set Enterprise Data in other places you may be able to get info into WebView that they chose a service, but you won't know if they completed there, or just hung up after choosing the menu option.

Only one thing to do - give it a try in the lab.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff, Thanks for the information, I am actually impressed with this forum. On the other hand, I also got some other thoughts from another coversation (http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=Subscriptions&loc=.2cc297b8/4&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center)... I guess the only way is give it a try.

Thanks again.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: