Level 1

Hello, I have a sup-720 on a 6509 where:

#show bootvar

BOOT variable = sup-bootflash:s72033-psv-mz.122-17d.SXB.bin,1

CONFIG_FILE variable =

BOOTLDR variable =

Configuration register is 0x2102

Standby is not present.

What ,1 does mean on "BOOT variable =" ?

I would like to set to boot from the first image on the sup-bootflash: memory is enought to do "(config)#no boot system" ?

6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

The boot variable is used to specifiy the IOS file used from flash. If you want to change it to a specific IOS ver:-

boot system flash sup-bootdisk:/<>

thank's but the post was done to avoid to set the variable and be able to boot from the first IOS avaiable on sup-bootflash

What ,1 does mean on "BOOT variable =" ?

I would like to set to boot from the first image on the sup-bootflash: memory is enought to do "(config)#no boot system" ?

Then remove the boot variable - and it will boot from the first image found in flash.

If you have more than one boot variable it chose the first one in the configuration and if for some reason it is missing or unbootable it will move to the 2nd boot variable. Just put them in the order you want them to boot.

ok, but if you have none on Boot variale it means that is going to load from the first image on the flash, which flash: sup-bootflash, disk0:, disk1: or RP bootflash ?

In all places until it finds an image or not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: