Views
Helpful
Replies

Loadbalancing over multiple WAN links from Different ISP

mangesh.kamble
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Hope you all doing great. I need some help from you people, I have one router over which there are 2-3 WAN links getting terminated. Now both this links are from different ISP provider and moreover the IP address pool provided by them is from their own pool. So those are not universal public ip's.

My requirement is I want to achieve load balancing over this 2-3 links. Please help me as I am searching asolution for this from quite a long time. One thing came to my mind was configuring backup load under the interface but don't have any idea on it's working and also not sure whether it will work efficiently.

Please help.

6 Replies 6

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

NAT with route MAPS

+ two static default routes

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ISP1

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ISP2

Dear Alekseev,

Thanks for your reply. Are you sure this will work, as it's a static routes so basically 2 default routes. Mean can we have 2 default routes configured over a Router of 1800 or 2800 series.

Thanks for the reply.

Dear All,

The confusing part in this was which I did not mentioned sorry for that. The same router is also having netting configured over it for internet access.

So I am getting confused how it will work, when packet coming to the router how it should behave ?

Please help me.

could you show the current config

I have to implement this scenario, there is no network present in current scenario. I have to implement this particular scenario. I will try to explain my exact requirement.

I am having 2-3 WAN ip links all of these will get terminated over Internet router under my network. Also whatever servers I am using will get natted over the same router. And internet users will also get natted to WAN interface ip addresses. So my confision is how will this router behave when it receives a request from inside for any webpage available over internet, as I also need to loadbalance between this links.

My main confusion is whether NAT will first come in picture or Loadbalancing will decide the end point, which one will happen first? If NAT happens first then how can I loadbalance over WAN links for forwarding traffic ?

I hope you get my point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: