cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - how to create the same abbreviated number for all the users

giovanni.cock
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i need to create some abbreviated numbers in a CME 7.0, so i was thinking to make some translation rules, example 456 - will make a call to a cell phone XXX_XXXXXX, but i have a problem, i am using cor list for the outbounds calls, and these translations rule work with the extension privilegies, so an extension that has only local calls, can not use and abbreviated number pointing to a cell phone. Is there any way to do this? the abbreviated numbers should work for all the users.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One option is to have specific dial peers for these numbers with a less restrictive COR list. Calls will match the more specific dial peer.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One option is to have specific dial peers for these numbers with a less restrictive COR list. Calls will match the more specific dial peer.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

As Brandon said, when you have COR blocking but still want to permit certain numbers, the most practical option is specific DPs.

Then for abbreviated numbers, just create ephone-dn with CFA to the number you want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: