cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

starting SSL or VPN through another application

Tshi M
Level 5
Level 5

We have an application that our clients use. Currently, the clients have to first launch the SSL connection or IPsec session and then start the application.

Is it possible to have the SSL or IPsec being launched when the application starts? this will eliminate the double logon that we currently have.

regards,

2 Replies 2

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

You may try configuring the smart tunnel. A smart tunnel is a connection between a Winsock 2, TCP-based application and a private site, using a clientless (browser-based) SSL VPN session with the security appliance as the pathway, and the security appliance as a proxy server. You can identify applications to which you want to grant smart tunnel access and specify the local path to each application. For applications running on Microsoft Windows, you can also require a match of the SHA-1 hash of the checksum as a condition for granting smart tunnel access.

hi Sandesh,

I am not sure I follow. Are you saying that configuring smart tunnel (which i have yet to do), will eliminate the double login?

regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card