Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 6 on vmware esxi

smallrain_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried to install cm 6 on free verion of vmware esxi 3.5. Near the end of installation I got "../base_scripts/pmNormalizeGeneric /tmp/ipmWorkFile threshold timeout" error.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

10 Replies 10

Can you share how you configured your guest machine?

I would suggest the following specs:

+ Memory: minimum 1GB, suggest 2GB

+ Hard disk: 80GB

+ Guest OS: RHEL3 (32-bit)

Here is what I got:

Mem 2GB, CPU 2, HDD 100GB, RHEL3(32-bit)

First part of installation was smooth, after system was automatically rebooted and got the error while "application" was being installed.

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I came across the same issue. Did you manage to solve it?

Goran

I gave up on 6. I was able to install 7 successfully with same vm settings.

Didn't have much time to try 6 again. Even with 7, I had a few fail attempts.

I though mine was DNS issue.

Hi,

Tnx for the reply. I tried with the 7.0 before 6.0 but didn't work.

Got the same error.

So I am using :

VMware ESX Server 3i

2048 MB memory

80 GB disk

red hat enterprise linux 3 (32-bit)

1 virtual processor

Was this the setup you had when it worked?

best regards,

Goran

Hi,

I had the same errors ( error = install failed, you will see error code:1024 in system log) and finally figured out the issue. log into the call manager using ssh and if all ccm services failed to start, remove the vmware and create the guest os as windows 2003, also assign an ip address to the call manager during the install process. I used the following set up

memory 3.8 GB, Hard drive= 80 GB. Call manager business edition needs more memory for the unity connection.

Goran,

I have:

Dell Poweredge 1800, 2GB RAM, 2 CPU, 320G HD

VMware ESXi version 3.5 (this is free version)

VM for CUCM 7 is configured with followings:

1024 RAM

80GB disk space

Other Linux (32bit)

1 processor

After a few failed attempts, I did a couple changes:

- setup a dns server

- VM Server NIC setting to full/FD because I saw connection bounce during installation

The whole installation took forever to finish. My vm console went dark after db installation script. I think it took me about 3 hours to finish the installation.

During the installation, system will reboot and run db and other post install scripts as part of the process. You can SSH in during that time and monitor the progress by usng "utils service list" command

Hi,

Still no luck :(

What do you mean you setup DNS server? You had to setup DNS in your lab environment? Any special settings?

tnx

Goran

Yes. DNS server in the LAB.

All I did was A record for publisher.

Again, I don't really know this fix the issue. Or you should try putting th IP of server when dns info was asked during installation. (I did not try it though)

Hi,

Follow up. I managed (finally!!!!) to instal 6.1.1 on VM. So at the end it was

DL320 G5

Win 2003 server

VMWare server

Installation went OK but I couldn't ping from CCM console my DL. Although all network settings appeared to be OK, I had to retype Gateway and then it worked fine. Restart was necessary afterwards to be able to log into GUI.

Another thing with ESX... Seems that the problem was in the fact that hardware needs two processors to support virtual CCM. As no better explanation was given for my repeated failure, I'll go with this one :)))

Hope this saves somebody some time

bye

Goran Pilat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: