VG/PRIs registered to backup CUCM - primary available

Unanswered Question
Mar 24th, 2009

I have a 2851VG with 2 VWIC2-2MFT-T1 cards with three of the T1 ports trunked to the PSTN, ISDN switch type primary-ni, normally registered to sub1. We have one publisher and two subs - Sub 1 is with the Pub while 2nd sub is at different site - I recently began attempting to connect the fourth VWIC port into a 3rd party call center box using QSIG - In addition to the fact that I consistently get slips on the QSIG trunk no matter where we provide clocking I have noticed that the three PRIs to the PSTN off that gateway are now registered to sub2 even though sub1 is available - sh ccm shows that all three CUCMs are available but still registered to sub2.....how can I kick start the gateway to get the MGCP voice gateway/PRIs registered back to the primary? I regularly use RTMT to monitor the PRI load but now through RTMT it appears that all calls are going out through the pub2 local PRIs even though this is not the case

Any assistance is appreciated!

Paul

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pcaltagirone22 Tue, 03/24/2009 - 11:55

Well - I believe I have found the answer to my own question - Since by default ccm-swithback is set to graceful it seems as though the gateway will only re-register to the primary Cisco CallManager server after the last active call ends, which in my case will not be until late this evening. Since we don't want to have any possible interruption of service I will just have to wait until them to verify.

If i am still off base please set me straight.

Thanks!

Paul

Frederick Nielsen Tue, 03/24/2009 - 12:00

You've got it, the default behavior is gracaeful. It should switch when the span is idle.

Obviously you can configure "ccm-manager switchback immediate" if you would like a more urgent approach :)

pcaltagirone22 Tue, 03/24/2009 - 12:17

Many thanks for the sanity check! I obviously must have bounced the GW while trying to get the QSIG trunk up.....still not sure why I cannot get the slips to cease off of the QSIG trunk but I assume that having two different switch types on the same physical 2 port VWIC is a contributing factor - as I have read through some forums stating such

Thanks!

Paul

Actions

This Discussion