Views
Helpful
Replies

user account to download Cisco IPS signature

gandhi.ganesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I wanted to enable the Autoupdate in IPS but it asks for Cisco acc with cryptographic privileges to download Cisco IPS signature and signature engine updates from Cisco.com.

is their any default acc for this ?

I have CCO acc whether is this can be used ?

You must have a Cisco.com user account with cryptographic privileges to download Cisco IPS signature and signature engine updates from Cisco.com.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using your cisco.com account go to this link and see if you can download the IPS-K9-6.1-2-E3.pkg file to your own desktop machine.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=6.1%282%29E3&mdfid=280302728&sftType=Intrusion+Prevention+System+%28IPS%29+System+Upgrades&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+IPS+4260+Sensor&treeMdfId=278875311&treeNa...

If you can download this file with your account, then you can use that account and password when configuring the sensor for the cisco.com automatic upgrades.

If you can not download the file with your account, then your account does not have the right settings.

Either your account does not have crypto access or your account is not properly linked to your service contract for your sensors.

There are a handfull of countries not allowed to have crypto access, users from all other countries would just need to get their account modified for crypto access (I am not sure what that procedure is).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using your cisco.com account go to this link and see if you can download the IPS-K9-6.1-2-E3.pkg file to your own desktop machine.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=6.1%282%29E3&mdfid=280302728&sftType=Intrusion+Prevention+System+%28IPS%29+System+Upgrades&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+IPS+4260+Sensor&treeMdfId=278875311&treeNa...

If you can download this file with your account, then you can use that account and password when configuring the sensor for the cisco.com automatic upgrades.

If you can not download the file with your account, then your account does not have the right settings.

Either your account does not have crypto access or your account is not properly linked to your service contract for your sensors.

There are a handfull of countries not allowed to have crypto access, users from all other countries would just need to get their account modified for crypto access (I am not sure what that procedure is).

Thx marcabal,

really helpful

If you are configuring automated downloads of IPS signatures on a sensor for a customer I assume the CCO account needs to be specific to the customer?

I have tested this with my own CCO account and obviously it works however I am unsure of how to go about setting up another CCO account specifically to download just IPS Signatures for the customer?  I assume a new CCO account linked to the SmartNet contract needs creating?

Any ideas?

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card