Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager ver 7 password recovery

georges_nassif
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a call manager ver 7, after a power cut, the server is giving login on the console, i can ping it but there is no telnet neither https and the old password is not working, is there any solution to start all the service again? and what is the password recovery procedure?

thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Hi,

I have a situstion like it before

So I have rebuild the server again in a downtime

But note you must have a backup

like in callmanager 6

Step 1 Log in to the system with the following username and password:

•Username: pwrecovery

•Password: pwreset

The Welcome to admin password reset window displays.

Step 2 Press any key to continue.

Step 3 If you have a CD or DVD in the disk drive, remove it now.

Step 4 Press any key to continue.

The system tests to ensure that you have removed the CD or DVD from the disk drive.

Step 5 Insert a valid CD or DVD into the disk drive.

The system tests to ensure that you have inserted the disk.

Step 6 After the system verifies that you have inserted the disk, you get prompted to enter a new Administrator password.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The system resets the Administrator username to admin. If you want to set up a different Administrator username and password, use the CLI command set password. For more information, see "Command Line Interface."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 7 Reenter the new password.

The system checks the new password for strength. If the password does not contain enough different characters, you get prompted to enter a new password.

Step 8 After the system verifies the strength of the new password, the password gets reset, and you get prompted to press any key to exit the password reset utility.

Hi,

Thanks, it worked, but i have one more issue, Call manager is working, IP phones also but i can't access the Call manager through https or telnet, is there any way out?

Regards

george,

You cant telnet into CCM7. Yo can only use SSH. You can download a ssh client eg puTTY from google. Once you have logged in, you can use the cli to check the status of the cisco tomcat service.

run the ff command: utils service list page

This will show you the status of the services.

you can use the command "utils service restart Cisco Tomcat"

(to restart the tomcat service)

This will show you the status of the services.

Please rate all useful posts

in command prompt

try this

utils service restart Cisco Tomcat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: