Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC and AIR-AP1231

abu_khair
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We have WLC 5.2.178.0 and AIR-AP1231. All APs have been converted to light weight image successfully and they have joined the Controller and they are working fine.

The problem is that from time to time the access points get de-associated from the controller and I have to shut/no shut the switch port to get the associated again.

I have tried to upgrade the WLC from 4.X to 5.2 to resolve the problem without any luck.

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try this ...

Go to Go to Monitor, under Access Point Summary, All APs -> Detail. Choose the AP that's giving you the problem, go to the Advanced tab. Under Power Over Ethernet Settings choose Power Injector State and Installed if AP is powered using an injector OR choose Pre-Standard State if powered with a PoE switch.

Thank you for your reply. The Power Over Ethernet Settings are not active for the 1231 APs but there are active for the 1252 APs. I would like to mention here that the 11231 access points powered by power cube not power injecter nor POE switch port.

I had the same problem with you. The only way for me to stabilize my AP's was to do this.

Thank you. I will investigate why these settings are not active.

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

I see AP rebooting issue with wism 5.2.157 and AP 1231. If I look at the console logs on those APs, usually I see two following logs before the AP reboot:

%CAPWAP-5-DTLSREQSEND: DTLS connection request

sent peer_ip: 192.168.133.11 peer_port: 5246

%CAPWAP-5-DTLSREQSUCC: DTLS connection created

sucessfully peer_ip: 192.168.133.11 peer_port: 5246

I have opened a case and TAC identified a bug CSCsy74738 and are waiting for the fixed version now.

Zhenning

Dear all,

I have configured a static IP address on each Access Point and now it is 5 days and none of the AP lose its association with the controller. I hope this will solve the problem.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card