Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos question

jorg.ramakers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone explain to me what these commands do? If the acl matches the traffic wil it mark the packets, even it is not for the route map?

ip local policy route-map DSCP

route-map DSCP permit 10

match IP address ACL

Set ip precedence network

Thanks

J.

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jorg

"ip local policy route-map DSCP" means this route-map is being applied to packets generated by the router itself ie. the "local" keyword.

"set ip precedence network"

set the IP precedence value to 7. 6 & 7 are used to prioritize network protocols such as routing updates etc.

"If the acl matches the traffic wil it mark the packets, even it is not for the route map? "

Not sure what you mean by this. Packets will only be marked if they match the acl which is referenced by the route-map.

Jon

Hi Jon,

In our situation it marks an ip range en it set the precedence to network. is it possible that when the traffic hits the access lists it will be marked as network traffic Q7, even it is not used in the route map. (i don't think so, just checking).

Jorg

Jorg

I don't think i understand what you are asking to be honest.

If a route-map references an acl and is applied on a particular interface then any traffic on that interface that is matched by the acl will have the route-map set clause applied.

If traffic matches the acl but is on an interface that doesn't have the route-map applied then no that traffic will not be marked.

Jon

Thanks Jon,

That is what I was thinking.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco