Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 2BRI & Static Tei with Trunk group Clarification

craig.corbett
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I'm looking for some clarification please :)

I'm getting ready to install a UC520 in the next few days. I have decided to use the CCA 1.9 as the end customer is wanting to manage some of the features. So I am following the out of band guidelines and making sure CCA is working as it should. This is also the first time I'll be using trunk groups in this sort of config (I know this is the way to do it and not have duplicate dial-peers for each ISDN channel etc).

On the CCA 1.9 tool there is an option for ISDN Static Tei with options of none, and number from 0 to 63.

Should I get this value from my Telco in the UK?

Many thanks,

Craig.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

IAN PERRY
Level 1
Level 1

If you have DDI numbering on an ISDN2, especially BT, you need a static TEI value of 0 (point-to-point)

If you have single number or MSN numbering, leave your TEI assignment as dynamic (point-to-multipoint).

Hope this helps,

Ian

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Craig,

Most BRI providers don't use a static TEI. I believe this is more common in Japan and other parts of Europe.

hth,

nick

IAN PERRY
Level 1
Level 1

If you have DDI numbering on an ISDN2, especially BT, you need a static TEI value of 0 (point-to-point)

If you have single number or MSN numbering, leave your TEI assignment as dynamic (point-to-multipoint).

Hope this helps,

Ian

Thanks for the clarification, completed the install yesterday no problems. It had a block of DDI so assigned TEI value of 0 and no issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: