cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI doesn't work for one user - Unity 5.0(1)

Hi there,

as the topic said, I have Unity 5.0(1) unified with exchange 2003 with CCM 5.1.3 ( one pub only )

I have a new user, if I send a voice mail to this guy he will see it in outlook but mwi doesn't light up.

the status of the MWI is

Demande d'IMA en cours Activé ( in french )

which means the system asked the phone to put the mwi on but this is pending...

do you guys can help me to fix this ?

also, I allready try to restart the server during the night and still have the same problem for this useer

13 Replies 13

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

If you are intergrated to CM you can check undwer the tool depot,switch intergration,telephon intergration, cucm properties and make sure the user is associated..

HTH

under the associated user I have ...

for this user

MWI-1 IMA ( not affected )

for a user that have no problem :

MWI-1 IMA Cisco Call Manager

do you have any idea why I have this

When you view the subscriber can you higlight and click move button?

you are looking at subscriber-phone system association correct?

here is a shot of the user that have the problem,

and another one of my user that have no problem ( philippe.cousineau )

I would check user having problem and click move, see if that gets that association you need.

when I check the user - then move, the only option that I have is to move it to Cisco Call Manager, this is what I've done.

then all of the row under "système téléphonique" changed to Cisco Call Manager for this user..

I resync the Mwi for this user, same problem

you may want to resync under tool depot properties. and it may take a few minutes..

allready done, same result :(

hmmmmm, usually when pending this will fix..i will check around somemore. if its not a vip, and they clear thier box, you could save name and greeting and try a delete rebuild..

your right, It's fiannly working.

the user that had the problem, when I clik on move, I had the option to select only one choice ( Cisco CAll MAnager ) and every field at the right side change to Call Manager, after that I sync the MWI and it finally work.

I have 2 little question....

1)

Every new user that I add in Unity have this problem, I basicily have to user the option move every time, is there any way to fix this ??

2)

an old user that the MWI works fine, in the subscriber integration, there is only the MWI field that is set to Call Manager.. When I clik on move for a user that have the problem with the MWI, it change ALL the field to Call MAnager not only the MWI. Can it cause a problem ? is there any way to just change the MWI field not every field ?

thanks a lot

excellant,

No you wont have to do this to all your adds, but it does happen on some. and the fields should not be an issue.

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Philippe,

Try using the Bulk Logout tool in X:\CommServer\Utilities\BulkLogout for this one user only, then click resynchronize. See if that helps any. If not, next steps would be to look in the application logs and MWI macro traces.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: