Helpful
Replies

IP SLA issue in 6500-E series switch

vaibhav-g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we have 6509-E switch and SUP-720-3B.

s72033-ipservicesk9_wanmz.122-33.SXH3a.bin, this IOS does not support this module WS-X6066-SLB-APC but support IP SLA.

WHEN we have changed this IOS to this IOS

s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-vz.122-18.SXF15a.bin card (WS-X6066-SLB-APC )is supporting. but IP SLA commnads are not supporting as per cisco this version 12.-18.sxf support IP SLA.

this is a peculiar issue plse sugget ,what can be done on this ...plse provide any IOS which can support this card and IP SLA together...or provide any such cisco document which confirm the any limitation regarding hardware or IOS ,plse provide link or doc so we can check the same.

also we have tried so many other IOS but IP SLA commands are not taking if we go for 122-33.sxh than above module is not supported but in cisco tool IP SLA supported in each verion.

Regards

Vaibhav

6 Replies 6

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Vaibhav,

You can use rtr which is the previous version of ip sla

#do show ver | i SXF

IOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVENTERPRISEK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF8

#rtr ?

<1-2147483647> Entry Number

key-chain Use MD5 authentication for RTR control message

low-memory Configure low water memory mark

reaction-configuration RTR Reaction Configuration

reaction-trigger RTR Trigger Assignment

reset RTR Reset

responder Enable RTR Responder

restart Restart an Active Entry

schedule RTR Entry Scheduling

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipsla/command/reference/sla_03.html#wp1023731

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hi

the above suggested image will support ws-6066-slb-apc and also support IP SLA feature by using RTR.

AM I RIGHT? COULD YOU PROVIDE ANY OTHER SUCH DOCUMNET REGARDING MY PROBLEM.

Regards

Vaibhav

Vaibhav,

You can use SXF15a along with RTR and receive the same level of service as using IP SLA.

RTR is the old command which has been superseded with the IP SLA commands. Most features available in IP SLA where available under the RTR configuration.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hi Edison

Thanks a lot i.e means RTR command will be supported on this IOS...is their any documnet for the avobe suggested solution.

one more thing WHY IP SLA COMMAND IS NOT TAKING EVEN IT IS SHOWING IN FEATURE LIST...ANY LIMITATION ..IF POSSIBLE PLSE PROVIDE ANY DOCUMNET..

Regards

Vaibhav

Vaibhav,

I posted the RTR documentation on my initial reply to this thread.

IP SLA support started with SXH but you can use RTR with SXF and achieve the same level of features you are after.

On a separate note, please do not use all CAPS in your posting. CAPS denotes that you are shouting.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hi Edison

Thanks a lot, Their was nothing like that by mistake i have written the same in CAPS.

Regards

Vaibhav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco