cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webex, presence and CUPC

markduffield
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there - has anyone been able to get presence 7.0 set up to use Webex as the conferencing server?

The instructions (CUPS 7.0 Admin Guide) say to do the following:

You must specify conferencing server names, addresses, ports, and protocol types in Cisco Unified Presence Administration so that Cisco Unified Personal Communicator can interact with

them.

Before You Begin

 Configure a supported conferencing server.

 Obtain the hostname or IP address, and the port number, of the conferencing server.

 If you are configuring a Cisco Webex Meeting Center server for conferencing, you will need the Site ID and the Partner ID values assigned to your Cisco Webex site. If you do not have these values,obtain them from your Cisco Webex administrator.

This information was found on cisco.com at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/7_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgappendixB.html#wp1030219

Webex support said to talk to my cust svc rep who told me to talk to Cisco...

I am just wondering if anyone has gotten this working? Also, the documentation describes a "Cisco Webex Conferencing Server" - I know it will eventually replace meetingplace - is this available now?

Much Thanks. MD

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

I haven't see any "webex server" yet.

But from CUPC point of view, any conference server is just a web server. If you can log into the conference server via web browswer, CUPC can do the same thing.

HTH

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Hi Michael - that makes sense, I am just a bit confused when presence asks for the Webex Site ID and Partner ID

Site ID

Enter the ID number assigned to your Cisco Webex site. Cisco Webex provides you with an ID number for your customer site when you deploy the Cisco Webex product. If you do not have a Site ID number, please contact your Cisco Webex administrator.

Partner ID

Enter the Partner ID (PID) value assigned to your Cisco Webex site. Cisco Webex provides you with a PID when they enable the Cisco Webex Application Programming Interface (API) on your Cisco Webex site. If you do not have a PID, please contact your Cisco Webex administrator.

Webex support had no information on this, neither did my webex customer rep.

It sounds like you were not talking to the right people.

I'm not a webex expert. IMHO, Site ID and Partner ID are some API (application programming interface) things. The regular "customer rep" won't have this information. You need to get this higher to some "partner relationship rep". :)

Michael

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark -

Did you ever get this to work?  Was it will WebEx Meeting Server or WebEx Connect?

Did anyone ever figure out where to obtain the Site ID & Partner ID?

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

I received my Site ID and Partner ID just by asking my WebEx Account Manager (CSM) for it. Check with your CSM, they should be able to provide you with it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: