sticky 10 netmask 255.255.255.255 address source

and virtual:

vserver TEST

virtual 10.10.2.2 any

serverfarm TESTSERV

sticky 1440 group 10

persistent rebalance

inservice

It is not working in that once a client connects they need to stay with the same real server throughout their entire session, but they get rerouted when they open another browser window to run reports, etc. What am I missing?

5 Replies 5

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it should work.

Are you sure your traffic hits the same vserver ?

do a 'show mod csm x sticky'.

Is there any entry ?

Can we see a 'sho mod csm x vserver' and a 'sho mod csm x vserver name TEST detail'

What version do you run ?

Gilles.

Yes I am sure they hit the same vserver, I have checked all the show mod csm x sticky, commands, configuration, etc. It is a problem with the real that they do not stick to in the middle of running the application, they go to run reports, and that is when some of the time they switch to another real server. I am running 4.3.2 just upgraded to see if that would make a difference, but no.

You will need to capture sniffer traces of the CSM portchannel.

We need to see the connection that fails and the previous connection - so we can see it was sent to a different real.

We need to see client side and server side.

Get all the show commands I requested before - sticky, vserver and vserver detail before and after the problem.

Send us everything or open a service request and give the TAC the info mentioned above.

G.

That is one of my problems, we do not have a sniffer to do a trace, can you recommend any other method to get the trace?

Attached are the show commands.

You can't troubleshoot the CSM without a sniffer.

www.wireshark.org on a laptop should be enough.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: