cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame Relay in a Lab and Addressing

eehinesee
Level 1
Level 1

For some time I've been trying to get a simple FR point-to-point link to work in a lab over a back-to-back cable. I had different DLCIs configured on the two subinterfaces on opposite ends of the link, and the DTE end always indicated that the PVC had been deleted.

Now I've configure the same DLCI on both ends of the link, and the connection works.

Is this unique to a lab setting, or have I been misunderstanding "normal" FR addressing?

Thanks

Eric Hines

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

Thanks. This doc and its companion (linked to in this doc) will be very useful to this newbie.

Eric Hines

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Eric

When you are in a lab situation where the routers connect directly back to back with no Frame Relay switch then the DLCI must be the same on both routers. In a normal Frame Relay implementation where the router connects to a Frame Relay switch to connect to the other router then the DLCIs can easily be different in the routers.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks

Eric Hines

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco