What size internet connection?

Unanswered Question
Mar 25th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi Guys,

One of our customers is a large football stadium, they have approx 70-130 members of the press both photographers and uploading and downloading data.

This comprises photos and story material, the customer has been sold a 4mb up and 4mb down internet connection over fibre. I know its a bit vague but if you guys with big venue experience can advise what size you would go for in that scenario I can feedback to the question I was asked.

Many thanks.

Mick

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Wed, 03/25/2009 - 16:35
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Hi Mick,

If the pipe is too small, your client can easily bump up the bandwidth. 4/4mb is not enough, in my opinion, 8-12 up/download would be sufficient.

But consider the fact that the stadium will be occupied in a seasonal basis, 4/4mb is not too bad.

terminalvelocity777 Thu, 03/26/2009 - 11:11
User Badges:

Leo,

Thanks excuse my stupidity but why would they need a bigger download? As they are photographers sending copy out of the stadium to newspapers etc wouldnt they need a bigger upload?

Mick

Leo Laohoo Thu, 03/26/2009 - 16:21
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

You're not stupid. I am. :P

You are right about the upload. My apologies for the confusion.

He he he ...

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode