Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What size internet connection?

Hi Guys,

One of our customers is a large football stadium, they have approx 70-130 members of the press both photographers and uploading and downloading data.

This comprises photos and story material, the customer has been sold a 4mb up and 4mb down internet connection over fibre. I know its a bit vague but if you guys with big venue experience can advise what size you would go for in that scenario I can feedback to the question I was asked.

Many thanks.

Mick

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mick,

If the pipe is too small, your client can easily bump up the bandwidth. 4/4mb is not enough, in my opinion, 8-12 up/download would be sufficient.

But consider the fact that the stadium will be occupied in a seasonal basis, 4/4mb is not too bad.

Leo,

Thanks excuse my stupidity but why would they need a bigger download? As they are photographers sending copy out of the stadium to newspapers etc wouldnt they need a bigger upload?

Mick

You're not stupid. I am. :P

You are right about the upload. My apologies for the confusion.

He he he ...

Leo,

Thanks for the response anyway.

Mick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card