Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX 4.0(5) CSQ Hold TIme

Hello,

Does anyone know how IPCCX calculates the Expected Wait time for a CSQ? I get very strange results when I try to use this to notify callers what their expected wait time might be. At times, I even get a result of -1. Any help would be appreciated

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not clear how it's calculated, but with things like expected wait time or queue position I find it's best to set sensible parameters on the readouts.

For example, if doing queue position, I tend to play it out to the customer only if it plays out a low-ish number.

I wouldn't want to know if I was 405th in the queue!

So for guesstimated wait time (which is probably less accurate the smaller your contact centre is, which is often the case with UCCX) I would validate the response:

-1 = Ignore, don't play out the queue time

0-1 minutes read out 'less than one minute

above that, say up to 5 minutes, read out the nearest minute

Above 5 minutes, don't mention the queue time!

Obviously if you deal with much longer (or much shorter) calls and wait times, different thresholds should be used.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thanks for the reply. I agree that some parameters are not worth mentioning and have built that into my script. During my testing, I put several calls in queue with few agents logged in to generate what I thought should be an expected wait time of several minutes. For several calls, I consistantly got an expected wait time of 54 seconds (even though all my calls had been waiting longer than that). Once I cleared those calls and put another call in queue, I got an expected wait time of -1 second. I want to make sure that I am using the correct parameter and that I am interpreting the results correctly.

Thanks, Glenn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: