Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity doesn't record message

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we are using Unity 4.0 with Exchange 2003. when outside caller dials the number, he or she is able to leave a message, but when subscriber tried to retrieve messages, there is no message in the mailbox. If you give me the troubleshooting strategy and which part I should check to figure out the problem, I'll be very appreciated.

thanks

Alex

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Alex,

Is this Unified? Sounds like the user may have a rule in their Outlook client that is moving the voice mail out of the inbox. One way to get straight to the source is to enable message tracking on Exchange and verify that the message is actually delivered locally to the store for that user. That will be your first indication that it arrived.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thanks for quick reply,

yes I run message tracking in Exchange and it shows message has been delivered correctly. can you please identify what would be the next step?

thanks

Alex

Is this Unified, does this user have a rule moving voice mails from Unity anywhere other than the inbox? If messages are moved out of the inbox, there will be no new messages or MWI on the phone.

Does Exchange show it forwarding off to another mailbox?

Brad

no there is no rule on user mailbox.

thanks

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the messages ending up in the Commserver/UnityMTA directory for those calls? Do you get any permissions errors in the application logs in the event viewer on Unity when you leave a subscriber message? If you see Exchange stating it is delivered it has to be in their inbox somewhere or in another folder in their Outlook. If you look at their mailbox in Exchange System Manager and leave a new message, then refresh their mailbox, does it increment by 1?

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: