cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS error message

ken.liu
Level 1
Level 1

We are running a couple of WAAS boxes over the WAN. now the software version is 4.1.1d

It's quite often we get major alarm says "Kernel Crash files and / or User Core files detected ", and most of time it comes from WAAS box which nobody change any setting, and we do not feel any error in the network.

my question is what's the root cause of this problem and how to solve it?

4 Replies 4

david.batty
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have any OS/2 machines on your network? There is a bug on this issue that I can't seem to find. We are having the same issue, even when we were on 4.1.1c. TAC has the DE's looking into the core dump files but they are pretty confident we are hitting this bug.

Thanks David,

We do not have any OS/2 machines, all pc and servers are Win Server 2003 and Win XP.

It's not only in 4.1.1d, actually we have this problem more than 1 year, it's even in 4.0.x version.

Kai,

Are the files named the same every time? Crash/core files are created by a process terminating and writing the memory and code to a file and then restarting. Often this is a known problem, but without the file, it's difficult to know which process causes it. I recommend you open a TAC case, attach a sysreport and the Crash file and see what they have to say.

Dan

Thanks Dan

I will contact my vendor, thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: