Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest WLAN

nitsg.gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i m in trouble to configure guest WLAN in WLC 4402.

i have created 2 WLAN and 1 GUEST LAN and configured correctly.

but i m not getting SSID advertisement for GUEST LAN in wireless network when i search available SSIDs.

i have mapped GUEST LAN with the newly created dynamic interface which is in VLAN 23 and WLAN is in VLAN 2.

my 2nd problem is that when i select guest option under interface then ip address text boxes disappears.

how do i set ip address for that interface.

i m using just 1 Access point which is in VLAN 2 switch port.

for guest WLAN do i need 1 more AP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The "guest LAN" option under the interface is for wired guest access and not for wireless guest access. For wireless guest access you would leave this option unchecked.

After the dynamic interface is configured, you will go under the "WLAN" tab and create your guest SSID and assign the dynamic interface to it.

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

liamcairns
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry if this info sounds obvious but best to check. You say you have created the WLAN SSID for guest and the dynamic interface for the appropriate VLAN and mapped them so that is OK. Have you enabled the WLAN and the SSID broadcast under the WLAN?

The second problem is a bit strange. what code level are you on?

i m using WLC with 5.2 code.

when u create normal WLAN u will get option to broadcast SSID but if u create WLAN and select it as GUEST LAN u won't get broadcast option.

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The "guest LAN" option under the interface is for wired guest access and not for wireless guest access. For wireless guest access you would leave this option unchecked.

After the dynamic interface is configured, you will go under the "WLAN" tab and create your guest SSID and assign the dynamic interface to it.

HTH

thanks dude,

i got the ans, how to configure WLC for wireless guests access and successfully configured it today.

now i m clear on wireless guests access but not with the WIRED GUEST ACCESS.

could u plz explain me what is WIRED GUEST ACCESS? why we need it in what conditions?

plz dont paste any cisco document coz i have all but not clear with all those docs.

i need someones help to understand it.

plz help me......

thanks

Thanks for the rating.

Wired guest access would be providing guest access to guests who don't have a wireless card or just want to plug into the network. The controller can be setup to provide authentication for wired connections the same way you provide authentication for the wireless users. I know you do not want to see doc's but someone else on the forum might be looking for one so here it is.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808ed026.shtml

HTH.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card