CCNP Renewal

Unanswered Question
Mar 26th, 2009

My CCNP is up for renewal in a couple of months and I was wondering if passing a 642 exam in another path (CCIP) counts towards recertification for CCNP.

I passed BGP recently and according to Cisco - Complete one of the following recertification options:

Pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum after 01/01/06

Can anyone confirm if I am right in saying I have already recertified?

Thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
rob.huffman Thu, 03/26/2009 - 05:42

Hi Walter,

You are most correct! The 642-661 BGP is a "642 professional level exam" and a qualifier for the CCIP. This will renew your existing CCNP.

Congrats!

Rob

subra4u Mon, 03/30/2009 - 05:46

Hi All,

I finished my last CCNP exam CIT in May 17 2005. After a log gap I did my CCIE R & S written in May 21 2008. I actually thought i was well within my 3 year period but i was wrong. My questions are:

1. Is my CCNP already expired ? Do i have to take all four to renew it.

2. Can i go ahead and take my lab coz i have booked for October 2009.

Please give me your valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Giuseppe Larosa Tue, 04/21/2009 - 06:24

Hello Sundaram,

1) I'm afraid your CCNP expired May 18 2005 and CCNA as well.

To retake CCNP you need to give all 5 exams again (including CCNA)

2) yes this is possible no requirements for a professional level certification is present for CCIE lab

Hope to help

Giuseppe

amit_temkar Mon, 04/20/2009 - 05:06

Hi Rob,

Just one more additional question. Does this mean that any one paper e.g. BGP 642-661 will recertify existing CCNP or all papers for CCIP should be given, then only it will recertify CCNP along with CCIP certification.

Giuseppe Larosa Tue, 04/21/2009 - 06:26

Hello Amit,

just one professional exam passed before the expire date is enough regardless of the exam.

see

Complete one of the following recertification options:

* Pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum after 01/01/06

* Pass any current CCIE or CCDE written exam

Achieving or recertifying any of the certifications above automatically extends your active Associate and Professional level certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_about_recertification.html#ccnp_ccdp_ccip_ccsp_ccvp

Hope to help

Giuseppe

subra4u Thu, 10/15/2009 - 01:08

Hi All,

I am thinking of doing my CCSP now. Looking into my previous post can you please tell me whether i need to take CCNA + CCNA Security to get to the CCSP main stream. What do they mean by valid CCNA (does it mean that it has to be current)

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Actions

This Discussion