Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Manager Express | Signature Updates

georges.merhej
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an IPS manager express managing 2 IPS devices. Automatic Signature updates is not working! I did sniff the traffic for 2 consecutive days; the IME is not even trying to download! Manual signature updates through FTP is working perfectly. Did anyone face this issue before?

Many Thanks,

Georges

7 Replies 7

murabi
Level 4
Level 4

Automatic updates do not work with Windows FTP servers configured with DOS-style paths. Make sure the server configuration has the UNIX-style path option enabled rather than DOS-style paths.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/6.1/configuration/guide/ime/ime_sensor_management.html#wp2016040

FTP is working. Automatic updates throught cisco.com directly are not working!

In your original post you said that you sniffed the traffic.

What traffic were you attempting to sniff?

IME itself will not attempt to auto download updates from Cisco.com.

Instead IME is able to configure the sensor, so the sensor will connect to cisco.com for auto download of updates.

So you will need to sniff the connection between the sensor and cisco.com.

You can also check the status of "show events host". It shoudl give you the status of the last automatic download attempt.

Are your sensors able to connect out of your network to cisco.com withOUT the use of a proxy? Proxy connections are not currently supported.

You will want to ensure your firewall and router configurations allow the sensor to reach the internet and connect to cisco.com.

That's it perfect!

I sniffed the traffic on the IPS; it checks the signatures through ssl and downloads them through http !

Thank you

Has the proxy connection for automatic signature updates been supported yet?

An enhancement request is already open to track this: CSCsv89560

Regards,

Sawan Gupta

Thanks & Regards, Sawan Gupta

Any progress on the issue "CSCsv89560"?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: