cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

deploy our first asa 5510 revision levels

broow
Level 1
Level 1

We are preparing to deploy our first ASA5510.

The revision levels are:

ASA 7.0(8)

ASDM 5.0(8)

I noticed that ASA 7.0(8) was the last General Deployment release. Should I upgrade? And if I should, what level is working best?

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi William,

Generally the latest GD release is the recommended version code to use,however, it varies on network environments and opened caveats , for example I have used GD and have encounter bugs that are fixed in in non GD releases. Best approache is to look at realeases opened caveats and plan accordingly.

We deployed not to long ago a set of 5510s A/S firewalls for our second DR site, I went straight and upgraded both firewalls to lates train in 8.0 code which is 8.0(4) no issues as of today.. but again it depends on what your environment uses and that is where looking at opened bugs comes in place.

Regards

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

food for thought,

thanks

I have several ASAs running 8.0(4) and have not had problems. I am running ASDM 61551 on them and found that it resolved the problem with new versions of Java.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card