cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 campus manager group problem

glynncounty
Level 1
Level 1

I have been creating custom user groups in campus manager under admin-groups- I see my switches and routers but I have a cisco wireless access point that I don't see in the parent container. How can I add the wireless access points so I can put them in my groups?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have a feeling you may be seeing a problem where Data Collection doesn't really run. This is fixed in CM 4.0.12. You can get 4.0.12 from Common Services > Software Center > Software Update. Try going to 4.0.12, run a new Campus Data Collection, then see if your missing devices show up in Campus.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the APs are standalone, make sure they have been added to DCR, then run a new Campus Data Collection (of course, make sure the APs are not filtered out by your Data Collection filters). After that, they should appear in Campus Manager.

The APs are standalone. Just a side note I could see the ap's when I viewed topologies under the vtp domain where the ap is at. It was there with IP etc... Just don't see it when I try to make a group. On a side note in campus manager I have ...

device discovery: 181 devices

data collection: 145 devices

Shouldn't my discovered devices move to the data collection so discovery goes to 0 and data collection goes from 145 to 181?

on a side note:: ap now shows up.. but still show 181 and 145 for devices?

Device Discovery only sends reachable devices into DCR. Of those reachable devices, only some may be successfully managed by Campus Data Collection. Therefore, it is not uncommon for the Discovery count to be higher than the Data Collection count.

How are you defining the group? what ruleset are you using?

Before I forget I see devices I have listed in the common services-device and credentials-device management that I don't see when I try to make groups of switches...

I define the group by going into campus manager administration. I select groups and under group selector I got under campus@cisco-lms then user defined groups is where the green circle is. I hit the create button then give a group name ..

parent group: /campus@cisco-lms/user defined groups

desc.. some stuff

membership update: automatic

visibility scope: public

then I click next...

I leave the rules: create with what is in there which is..

device discovery status equals never_reachable

I select next.

and on the left I have Object from parent domain which there is 144 object..

then I click finish...

so I guess I need to figure out why the discovery sees 181 but data collection only reports 145... now my count above may be off so it may display 145 in the groups.

What version of Campus Manager do you have?

campus manager ver. 4.0.9

I have a feeling you may be seeing a problem where Data Collection doesn't really run. This is fixed in CM 4.0.12. You can get 4.0.12 from Common Services > Software Center > Software Update. Try going to 4.0.12, run a new Campus Data Collection, then see if your missing devices show up in Campus.

okay I will try that.

When I go to update I select all programs it only pulls three

cm 4.0.10

dfm 2.0.10

rme 4.0.6

when I try to install cm it says I need to update my cwcs from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 and that isn't anything that downloaded. I went to the cisco site to software and notice a bulk patch for LMS ver 2.6 put its dated in 2006 everything I have is in 2007..

Any suggestions.

You can download CS 3.0.6 from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cd-one-3des . After installing it, install CM 4.0.10. Then you can move to 4.0.12.

Thankyou for all your help. I have updated all of the individual software in my 2.6 to hopefully prevent any other bugs from causing me issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: