Helpful
Replies

CAD licensing

dknov
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Few questions:

1. Is CAD using Flexlm floating license schema?

2. Does this license distiguish between agent and supervisor or do both count against the total license number in the system?

3. If agent/supervisor is created, but not logged in, does that consume a license?

Thanks a bunch!

David

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have to be honest, I have no idea what a Flexlm floating license schema is. So I can't answer that.

However, I can answer your other questions:

2. Each License is for 1 agent/1 supervisor (that means, one account that has none, one, or both roles assigned to it)

3. When a supervisor logs in to manage their agents, this takes up one concurrent license. If they then decide to log in to CAD, say for barge, or helping take calls, the same concurrent license is used. The system will show two instances of that user logged in, but it will only count one against the total concurrent logged in agents.

We are using IPCCE 6.0

Do you know if there is a way know how many CAD licenses are being used in realtime?

Good thing you mentioned what product you are using. I always assume UCCX in this forum. There should be two separate forum topics: Enterprise and Express.

Can't help you then, as I am an Express guy.

And for anyone who stumbles on this post from a search, this is the best I can do for real time licensing in Express.

On the server: C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin\ShowLicenseUsage.exe

if i remember correctly, there's a similar utility for UCCE. do a search for that file name and you should find it.

david

>I always assume UCCX in this forum. There should be two separate forum topics: Enterprise and Express.

Indeed. That's been something I've suggested many times, here on the forum and at Networkers.

Yes, ShowLicenseUsage.exe is there on Enterprise.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for the post. I don't have such a file on either one of my HA UCCX 4.05 servers:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin\ShowLicenseUsage.exe