cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR reports with external application

joel
Level 1
Level 1

We have CCM 4.1.3 and we use a 3rd party app eGlue to pull reports from SQL (CDR) database.

We are in the process of upgrading to CUCM 6.x and I'm not sure how I can access the CDR databate, as it's on Informix and the appliance is locked down.

I read somewhere that I can use AXL, but I'm still not clear.

Any ideas?

thanks in adv,

:JoeL

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can also use SOAP to access CDR, there are already some 3rd party billing servers designed for linux appliances

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

thanks...

is there a doc that shows how I can use SOAP to do this...do I have to be a programmer?

We are not able to purchase anything new.... I'm supposed to see if the existing app can pull reports from CUCM 6.x

:JoeL

it's easier to use the ftp push from the cucm.

Go to Serviceability -> Tools -> CDR Management

add a billing application server, just make sure you have ftp or sftp running on the receiving server

yes. I will also go with this approach of pushing cdr to an external ftp server. You can run a free ftp server software like freeftpd which will take care of both ftp server(for cdr management) and sftp server (scheduled backup & patch installation).

the guides we have are here:

Programming Guides

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

you can try the

# IP Phone Services for Developers

# IP Phone Services for End Users

forums to get some help on programming

HTH

java

HTH

java

thanks for the responses guys...

I get the flat files through sftp fine..

I could not get anything from the programming reference...

I am trying to upload the flat files back to an SQL server, so that my users can run the same sql queries to obtain the reports...has anyone done this.?

I can get a few things to work but I'm still struggling getting multiple flat files to the same table, making sure that the column header doesn't get added multiple times, automating the process of running import wizard to import files to the database...

has anyone taken this crazy path...if so pls help..thanks..

joel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: