cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IME And HIstorical Data

sbader48220
Level 1
Level 1

I've just started using IME, and it appears as though the log files for reports and events aren't stored on the SSM, but are actually stored in IME. If this is the case, do most of you leave an instance of IME running all the time? What are you doing in environments where there are multiple people who need access to the reports and data?

Thanks,

-Steve

3 Replies 3

sbader48220
Level 1
Level 1

I've looked all over Ciscos site and still can't find any answer. Anyone?

It appears that historical data is stored in a MySQL database, which is installed with IME.

Currently, we have two folks leaving IME running full-time on their desktop boxes.

Another possible solution is to install IME on a Windows box and enable Remote Desktop on it.

IME has be designed pretty crummily, but it does its job.

Agreed, it is a crummy program.  I've got it installed on our network management server which is basically a server setup to log SYSLOG events from network devices, log IME events, etc.  IME has to run on it all the time then I just remote desktop to the server to see reports.  I really wish I could schedule these reports somehow and get them emailed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card