cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AbbrDial Softkey missing on 7912 phones

rob_kelly
Level 1
Level 1

We have had several complaints from staff about the AbbrDial softkey not showing up on 7912. i checked everything from the softkey template to the firmware and cannot find anything. speed dails work just fine (1 - 4) however. this started happening after we upgraded call manager from 4.X to 7.X

7 Replies 7

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

Rob,

Did you raise a TAC case since I can't see any response.

Did you get an answer?

It appears that others are seeing this problem as well after CUCM upgrade to version 7.

Alphonse

No i have not opened a TAC case yet. i didn't know other's were expieriencing this issue as well. i thought it may have been something i was simply overlooking but i will now. thanks

Rob,

My customer is having exactly the same problem on 7912 phones after upgrading from version 4 to version 7 of Call Manager. Please let me know of the out come.

The ABBRDial softkey is missing after the Call Manager Upgrade.

Alphonse

Hello -

This bug may apply if you are using SIP based phones with the new 7.1 off-hook abbreviated dialing feature - http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsx72478&from=summary

Regards, Ginger

P.S. my own update - We got 7912 phone to work with phone load 8.0(4) and CUCM 7.1(2). Hope this helps!

I have a customer with the same problem, did you ever get a response from TAC?

yes a firmware upgrade did infact fix this issue

Thanks fixed it for me too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: