cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block all but one number to specific DID.

I have a client that wants to block all but one inbound calling number to a specific DID. Is there a way to exclude a number from a translation rule? For example. Could I do a rule that said:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /5555551234/ /5555551234/

rule 2 reject /.*/

voice translation-profile BLOCK

translate calling 1

Dial-peer voice 100 voip

call-block translation-profile incoming BLOCK

destination-pattern 1111111111

I know the above does not work, but hopefully it helps get across what I am trying to accomplish. In short I want to block all calling numbers except for one that are destined for a specific dial-pattern.

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The problem with call-block is that works on incoming DPs only. Also, you do not use "reject" with a translation-rule used for call-block. finally, while you want to protect that certin DID, you allow all the rest. So, it's abit tricky, but try the following. 4321 is the protected DID, 5551234 the external calling number.

voice translation-profile my-block

translate called 100

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /4321/ //

dial-peer voice 10 pots

answer-address 5551234

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

dial-peer voice 20 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

call-block translation-profile incoming my-block

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately that did not work. I see my call come in, but the inbound dial-peer that is being matched is always "10" regardless of the calling number.

I should also point out that I have an outbound dial-peer that is sending the call to UCM.

So as it currently stands I have 2 inbound dial-peers both with the same incoming called-number and one with a BLOCK rule and the other with the answer-address that I want to allow. I also have an outbound dial-peer with the destination pattern being a little more specific than the incoming called number on the afore mentioned dial-peers.

Any other ides?