Views
Helpful
Replies

Security Patches for Publisher

lesterccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Engineers,

I would like to know and hear from you about my recommendation in applying the security vulnerabilities on my ip telephony servers.

Please see my attachements about the vulnerabilities name and recommendation

from Microsoft

Also i would like to know if there is a cisco recommendation.

Please help and comment.

Thank you very much.

lester

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the only patches you can apply on a CCM server are the ones available at cisco.com, you can apply the latest SR for your OS version or upgrade to a higher version if available

any patch you download directly from microsoft and install on your server will turn your system into unsupported. many times it will break the server, if you're lucky an un-install might suffice to get everything right. worst case scenario is you'll have to rebuild your server/cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Cisco Engineers

Thanks for the infos, ive got the Cisco OS Version of my server, could you please tell me what are the Cisco OS patches that will compatible to current installed CCM 3.3(2)es53

Current Cisco OS Version

Publisher

OS Image = 2000.2.3

OS Upgrade = 2000.2.5

OS Service Release = 2000.2.5sr4

--------------

ICD

OS Image = 2000.2.1

OS Upgrade = 2000.2.5

---------------

IVR

OS Image = 2000.2.1

OS Upgrade = 2000.2.5

----------------

Anything should be considered such as CSA Agent, BARS version,hardware requirements? Im afraid when upgrading the OS patches will caused the incompatibity of the system version and will ruined the cluster.

Thank you very much.

Lester

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: