cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 blank page after login

ivantansh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a LMS 2.6 on Windows. Recently, I could not access LMS after logging in with a correct or incorrect password. I've checked on some similar netpro conversations and verified that the LMS can resolve its own hostname properly. I've checked the stdout.log and tomcatmonitor logs, both show errors at the time I started experiencing the problems. I believe this is where my problem is, appreciate if someone can help look at the logs and suggest to me what I can do.

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It looks like your NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml file is also damaged. It's starting to look like you may want to do a complete reinstallation of this server.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This isn't good. Please post the NMSROOT\lib\classpath\md.properties.

Thanks for the very quick reply! I have attached the requested file.

That's what I thought. You need to contact the TAC to recover this file.

Thanks jclarke. One more question, can I just copy the md.properties off another LMS 2.6 and replace this corrupt one?

No. md.properties is very system-dependent. It contains paths, hostnames, and other system attributes which may not be the same on another system.

I think I managed to recover a md.properties and replaced the corrupt one with it. However, I'm still getting a blank page but I believe this is something different as the url is stuck on a different address. The stdout.log gives out a different error now, some error about finding core data for a user. Could this be due to the cwpass file?

Thank you

It looks like your NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml file is also damaged. It's starting to look like you may want to do a complete reinstallation of this server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: