Replies

iprouting issue

jfeo
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if this is a bug

but everytime I enable

ip routing the switch Locks up on me

and I have to reboot it to get it back up.

Here is the model type and

IOS I tried it on both

with same results

WS-C3560-24TS-S

Version 12.2(37)SE1

3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-37.SE1

c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-37.SE1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In your current configuration, did you use "ip default-gateway x.x.x.x" to configure the default gateway? If yes, after you enable "ip routing", the switch won't know it's default gateway any more. That's why you could not access the switch.

If possible, try to add "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 " first before you enable "ip routing".

If not possible, you have to telnet/SSH to the switch from its default gateway so that you can still have access to the switch after you enable "ip routing".

HTH.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

If you enable "ip routing", make sure to use "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x" to configure your default gateway instead of using "ip default-gateway" command.

I can't

when I issue the command

IP ROUTING

The switch locks up

Well, if you don't have console to the box, you can telnet to this switch from its default gateway.

Here is my problem

The switch is already configured

I am ssh into it from a remote site

I want to enable routing the switch

As soon as I issue the command

IP ROUTING

The switch locks up and I have to get someone to reboot it.

In your current configuration, did you use "ip default-gateway x.x.x.x" to configure the default gateway? If yes, after you enable "ip routing", the switch won't know it's default gateway any more. That's why you could not access the switch.

If possible, try to add "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 " first before you enable "ip routing".

If not possible, you have to telnet/SSH to the switch from its default gateway so that you can still have access to the switch after you enable "ip routing".

HTH.

ok I Understand now

Thank you for your help

HTH.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: