Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnection every half hour on 802.11A and G

yann.boulet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we installed our 14 APs "1131", WLC version is 5.2.178.0.

we are testing it at the moment, but it seems that each clients are disconnected every half-hour, on all radio slots and we have only one WLAN.

I thought it was DHCP lease issue because I configured for renewal every hour and DHCPREQUEST start at 50% of lease, but I reconfigured it for DHCP lease at one day.

Can you help me on how to debug it ?

thanks

6 Replies 6

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Check the parameters for things like your authentication timeouts & key rotation times.

It might also be worthwhile to do a spectrum scan (netstumbler - www.netstumbler.com - it's free) and see if there's some external interferer.

You don't provide many details about the size, spread, number of users, etc, so answers are going to be fairly general. Post your(sanitized)config if possible.

Good Luck

Scott

paulpoon
Level 1
Level 1

Look at your session timeout setting on the WLC under WLAN and advanced. Also check the setting on your radius server as well.

thank you that was the session timeout on the WLAN, but i don't know it drops the wlan session because the session timeout is only here to force client to re authenticate ?

This is what it saids for the session timeout.

Session Timeout (secs) - Set the maximum time for a client session before requiring reauthorization. Default = 1800 seconds.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try this ...

Go to Monitor, under Access Point Summary, All APs -> Detail. Choose the AP that's giving you the problem, go to the Advanced tab. Under Power Over Ethernet Settings choose Power Injector State and Installed if AP is powered using an injector OR choose Pre-Standard State if powered with a PoE switch.

Under the wlan, try to set the timeout to 65535 and see if this helps. I know it was an issue with some codes.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card