Swvms16 behind NAT

Unanswered Question
Mar 27th, 2009

I have the camera on one side of the router and the Video Monitoring Software on the other.

I have configured NAT for port 80 on the router so that I can reach the camera via a web browser however it is not detected by the video monitoring software.

Are there any more ports I have to statically define in NAT besides port 80 ?

What other reasons are there that I can access the camera via the web but not the Video Monitoring software.

BTW I am running Camera Firmware 1.01

Thanks

Luke

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven DiStefano Fri, 03/27/2009 - 05:49

SWVMS16 can be used remotely, yes.

Use alternate ports 1024, 1025, 1026, etc for cameras 1,2,3 etc inside the LAN of a Small Business.

Then, on the WAN Router, configure port forwarding rule to map 1024 to the "Static" NAT IP you assigned to the Camera.

So if you assigned a PVC2300 the address 192.168.10.150, and you assigned an 'alternate HTTP port' (this is another setting on the camera GUI), and then you set up the port forwarding rule on your router, you can connect using SWVMS16 using:

:1024

And yes, you should run FW 1.0.1 on the PVC2300 or WVC2300 to allow it to be supported by the new SWVMS16 monitor utility.

honslp2009 Tue, 06/15/2010 - 14:11

Hi, I'm having a issue accessing remotely to 5 cameras through Internet.

I enable different port to each camera (1024, 1025 and so on), i'm using static LAN IP for those cameras (even try using DHCP). I enable DDNS with my current domain, user and password.

For my WAN service have a 2wire DSL Router with a dynamic IP.

I already update the firmware on the cameras thinking that could be an issue.

My problem is when i try to access using my "domaintocameras.xxx" does not giving any response. I try accessing disabling the port and using only the domain or enabling the port using "domaintocameras.xxx:1024".

On the router I enable the DMZ option for the camera MAC address, when I do that I can have access but using my current WAN IP.

First I thought that could be a 2wire or ISP problem but then enable the DMZ on the 2wire for a Linksys Switch (srw2024P) which does not support by itself the DDNS option and have access remotely to my switch using my domain registered on dyndns.

Basically all of my tests were connecting directly to my 2wire one of the cameras and making test and configuration.

I check on the dyndns website which WAN IP is giving me and it match to my current WAN.

Even if a make a ping test to my current domain I get access to my current WAN IP.

On the camera configuration parameters I enable the static IP address.

The DNS parameters are configured as a get from my ISP provider on all devices.

Please help!

Actions

This Discussion