Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS deployment

dinesh1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have eazy vpn setup from almost 50 branches to our HO . Now we are going to introduce WAAS , we have few servers connected in the DMZ zone of the ASA ((ASA is directly connected to ACE(6504-E ACE bundle), as shown in the diag)) here ACE is configured as bridge mode . Few servers are connected in the inside of our core network .( As mentioned in the diag ) . I want to do acceleration on both inside and outside servers. where should place WAAS in this scenario ?

thanks in advance .

Rgds

Dinesh

Rgds

Dinesh

1 Reply 1

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dinesh,

Considering your traffic pattern with the ASAs, I'm not sure there is a single interception point without rearchitecutre. However, I would consider putting WAEs in front of your server VLAN as well as on your internal network. There are ASA inspection commands (Inspect WAAS) for WAAS with the appropriate code levels (7.2.3 release and higher, as well as v8.0.3 and higher).

Hope that gives you some direction...

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: