cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA won't answer external calls

dsalamanca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have an ATA configured with a Fax, and if it receives an internal call, it answers, but if it receives a call from outside through the GW, it won't answer. If I connect an analog phone instead of the ATA, it will ring and if you answer you can speak without problems.

The call enters through an MGCP GW, the CUCM uses a translation pattern to convert the called number to the DN of the Fax

Does anyone know what can be happening? Here I am attaching the configuration of the GW. The incoming dial peer is 100 and outgoing dial peer is 300.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think I've seen this problem before. Internal and external ringing cadence can be slightly different and cause the Fax machine to not answer. Are you able to try another fax machine preferably of a different manufacturer?

Let me know how you get on.

Dave

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dsalamanca
Level 1
Level 1

The GW configuration here

I think I've seen this problem before. Internal and external ringing cadence can be slightly different and cause the Fax machine to not answer. Are you able to try another fax machine preferably of a different manufacturer?

Let me know how you get on.

Dave

Yes, after posting this thread I read another one with this solution. The problem was solved changing the fax machine for another one from a different manufacturer.

Thank you very much