Views
Helpful
Replies

ANM Certificate

roman.skrczypek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to install a certificate for server authentication on ANM 2.1 but I'm experiencing an error.

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/cisco/nm/dcm/cs/platform/system/CertificateManager"

Is it a script error or a java version problem?

Thanks in advance

Roman

8 Replies 8

j-block
Level 4
Level 4

Did you ever get an answer to this? I've seen this error before as well and couldn't find a solution.

Hi John,

unfortunately I didn't get an answer. The problem still exists.

Roman

Hi,

Just wondering if you resolved this problem?

I have exactly the same issue installing a Certificate onto my ANM Server running ANM 2.1(1)

If you didn't have any luck, I will raise a TAC Case.

Hi Carl,

we resolved this issue. A Cisco SE investigated the problem an he found an error in a script. There was a wrong hard encoded version number in it. But unfortunately I cannot find the name of the script at the moment.

Roman

Hi Roman,

Did you raise a TAC case for this? If so do you have the SR number for it? It might make it easier if I raise it with Cisco.

Carl

CSCsz19949: anm-certificate fails with Java exception on certificate install

If you open a tac case, we can give you a script that will automatically correct this error.

The script to change is

/opt/CSCOime/bin/anm-certificate

G.

Hi Gilles,

the problem is already resolved. Thank you.

Roman

CARL HEMMINGSEN
Level 1
Level 1

OK, got the answer.

We are running ANM version 2.1, and were advised to edit the script /opt/CSCOanm/bin/anm-certificate and change the line that reads

ANM_VERSION=2.0

to read

ANM_VERSION=2.1

That was it. Obviously would be a good idea to take a backup of the script before making changes.