Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between Class-Map Commands.

cisco.net
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Freinds,

Please anyone of you provide exact difference between commands(In QoS) on switch ---->

1) class-map match-all

2) class-map match-any

PLease

Regards

6 Replies 6

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

http://blog.sazza.de/?p=147

"if a class map matches with multiple match commands, the match-any or match-all parameter on the class-map command defines whether a logical OR or a logical AND is used between the match commands. match-all means AND logic between the parameters, for example: class-map match-all name, match cos 3 4, means to match 3 and 4. With match-any only one match parameter has to be true for the rule to match. So 3 or 4 would suffice."

Hii,

Could you please confirm whether this QoS config is proper or not. As i have configured this for one of my customer (5 MB). But seems that this QoS is not working. Customer traffic going beyond 5 Mb(i.e 7Mb or 8Mb).

class-map 5_Mb

match any

policy-map 5_Mb

class 5_Mb

police 5000000 8192 exceed-action drop

On Switch respective Gig interface.

service-policy input 5_Mb

service-policy output 5_Mb

Regards

Jimmy.

Dear Freinds,

PLease share your views on requested QoS functionality.

regards

Hi Jimmy,

I would do the task the following way:

policy-map 5_Mb

class class-default

police 5000000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

int Gig x/y

service-policy input 5_Mb

service-policy output 5_Mb

As the policing is configured under the "class-default" class and no other classes are defined under the policy-map, all traffic is policed to 5 Mbits/s.

No other traffic classes have to be defined.

Cheers:

Istvan

Thxns Istvan,

But in this line "police 5000000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop" there is no Burst value configured. Can we configured without Burst valued.

Regards

Jimmy

Why don't you try it on the router itself rather than we do a philosopyical debate on this.

Yes, you can. The router will assume a default burst value.

If you connect to a service provider then you should ask them for the burst value that you should configure.

Cheers:

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: