cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2801, VWIC2 t1 & best configuration

umbernaut
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up my 1st Cisco router: a 2801 & 1 port VWIC2 t1 card. The t1 is also different from the rest of our point-to-point t1s. It only has channels 9-24. Checking configs I saw the channel-group command. Someone told me this is only to be used with CAS t1s and I need to know if the t1 is CAS or PRI. I thought PRI is only voice? I need this for data. I also thought if channel 24 is in use then it cannot be PRI. I called the telco who were little help. How can I know what type of PRI I have and where can I find the best documentation for setting this up?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not have PRI.

Just configure channel-group timeslots 9-24.

Umber,

As Poalo stated, You need not configure pri-group in your case.

In short, VWIC stands for Voice Wan Interface Cards. So you can use for either data or voice. Channel-group commands for data traffic. Pri-group commands for voice traffic. Yes. You will lose one time-slot for signaling when using PRI.

HTH,

Toshi

Thanks for the replies. Tell me, is this the best document to configure the t1?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1/termserv/configuration/guide/dcdchant.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: