cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I apply a 50-user upgrade license to ASA 5505??

binarydaddy
Level 1
Level 1

I am a contractor with a client that is upgrading 7 Cisco ASA 5505's from 10-user license(s) to 50-user license(s). I have never run into a client of mine who didn't purchase an unlimited licensed Cisco product and have no clue what the procedure is to upgrade.

I did some research online and saw some command-line steps for upgrading 3DES-AES Encryption Licenses, but nothing on user license upgrade procedures...are they similar?

Anyone know the command-line steps or documentation regarding said steps for implementing these upgrade licenses?

Thanks...

2 Replies 2

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Do you have a PAK number?

Go to cisco.com/go/license, enter the PAK and follow instructions. You will receive an email with new activation key. Then login to ASA and do

activation-key

My client ordered the upgrade(s) from CDW and they have not received the PAK numbers yet.

So once I have the PAK numbers, I go to cisco.com/go/license, enter the PAK, get the emailed activation key...and then when I login to the ASA, do I need to be in standard mode or advanced mode?

Just been a couple years since I have done anything for upgrading and appreciate the help.

Thanks...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card