Views
Helpful
Replies

Squeeze command

hclisschennai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody,

I am using Cisco 2811 Router with Version 12.4(13r)T.

I deleted unwanted files in the Flash. I tried to give squeeze command. But the command is not found. It this the IOS support problem?

Also i read that there are 3 class of file systems namely

1. Class A

2. Class B

3. Class C

Each of these class supports different commands. I like to know which Class i belong to?

Can anybody help me on this.

R.B.Kumar

C

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello R.B. Kumar,

I would do the following:

a) I would use a tftp server to upload all crashinfo files

b) I would delete the files individually.

Delete at least 30-40 to have space for new possible crash-info.

Making space is important also to make easy an IOS upgrade (that will be necessary we just don't know when)

an alternate way would be the following:

upload the IOS image (and all other system files for SDM) with TFTP on the tftp server

check the size of the file and compares with that in the flash to be sure they have the same size.

then depending on the filesystem you can use format flash: or erase flash: command to delete everything in the flash.

then copy back from tftp server to flash the IOS image and files related to SDM.

But the more important question is the following:

the router has stopped to crash ?

because when the flash is full new crash info files cannot be written but this does not avoid the router to crash again.

Edit:

I've modified because I've realized there are files related to SDM

from sdmconfig-2811.cfg to sslclient-win-1.1.0.154.pk in the file list.

by the way you are running:

System image file is "flash:c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T1.bin"

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello R.B. Kumar,

read this useful document about filesystems

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/products_tech_note09186a00800a7515.shtml

the squeeze command is not supported in all filesystems because some of them don't need it.

To verify this you can take note of the free space on the flash: if after deleting a file the free space increments the squeeze is not needed

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Great thanks for your comments.

I have read this document before this posting. I am using Cisco 1841 Router. Hope I am using Class A or Class B file system.

The main reason i raised this post is, I am seeing a lot of crashinfo files generated in my flash. I am worried it occupies the huge space. SEE THE ATTACHMENT.

How to clear at a stretch. Whether I have to type delete command for individual files or any other way is there to delete this a bulk?

I Hope you will help me.

R.B.Kumar

Hi

I missed the attachment in the earlier post. Pl. Find it here

R.B.Kumar

Hello R.B. Kumar,

I would do the following:

a) I would use a tftp server to upload all crashinfo files

b) I would delete the files individually.

Delete at least 30-40 to have space for new possible crash-info.

Making space is important also to make easy an IOS upgrade (that will be necessary we just don't know when)

an alternate way would be the following:

upload the IOS image (and all other system files for SDM) with TFTP on the tftp server

check the size of the file and compares with that in the flash to be sure they have the same size.

then depending on the filesystem you can use format flash: or erase flash: command to delete everything in the flash.

then copy back from tftp server to flash the IOS image and files related to SDM.

But the more important question is the following:

the router has stopped to crash ?

because when the flash is full new crash info files cannot be written but this does not avoid the router to crash again.

Edit:

I've modified because I've realized there are files related to SDM

from sdmconfig-2811.cfg to sslclient-win-1.1.0.154.pk in the file list.

by the way you are running:

System image file is "flash:c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T1.bin"

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card