Views
Helpful
Replies

Call transfer destination based on external document variable

arani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

i need to create a script to transfer call to a specified phone number during out fo business hours.

The phone number have to be inserted day by day, on a simple web page by the contact center personell.

Some suggestion?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming you are using UCCX or IPIVR and not UCCE or CVP: You can use the HTTP steps if you are on Premium licensing to retrieve an XML document from another server. That server can provide any interface you want as long as it saves it into a properly formatted XML document for CCX to retrieve.

You could use an XML file in the document repository if you are on Standard or Enhanced but this requires you to give the contact center personnel admin role on CCX Administration and they must upload the XML file directly.

The script can use xPath to parse the XML file and get the data it needs into a variable it can act upon.

Oh, if you have Premium licensing you could do an ODBC connection to a supported SQL database to get this information as well.

Could you please help me with the string I would need to pull the 10 digit phone number out of this basic XML file? I can not figure it out...

My email is gkmisner@gmail.com if you want to contact me that way.

That's not a proper XML document. This is documented with examples in the CCX documentation.

Scripting and Development Series: Volume 2, Editor Step Reference for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 7.0(1): http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/user/guide/uccx701edstepref.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: