Caller ID presentation issue

Unanswered Question
Mar 29th, 2009

I'm currently migrating an office in France from an old Call manager 3.3 setup to a new Call Manager 6.1.3 setup. Just about everything is working perfectly but I have one annoying problem with caller ID presentation on outbound calls and would really appreciate suggestions on how to fix it.

When I call somebody outside the office, but still within France, whether on a mobile or a fixed line phone the caller ID presented is +330432103210, where it should really be either +33432103210, or better still 0432103210.

(Last eight digits are substituted for the real number but you get the point...)

Debug ISDN Q931 extract here shows we're sending the telco the whole national number:

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '0432103210'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '0433445566'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Where it gets a bit strange is that if I call my own mobile - i.e. an international call to a UK number - the caller ID displays exactly correctly, as +33432103210.

I'm told that caller ID worked fine before we moved the office off the 3.3 system. I've compared the old and new gateway configs line by line and can see no significant differences. (The router hardware and the line to the telco are unchanged, only the config differs, and by very little).

For incoming calls, the Q931 debug shows "Type:International" or "Type:National" - should I be manipulating something to set this somehow for outbound calls? If so, what and where?

I hope this isn't too much of a dumb newbie question but this is the first office implementation I've tackled myself without external help. Thanks for any suggestions!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion