cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Unity servers pointing to same Exchange cluster

jordan.bean
Level 1
Level 1

Can multiple Unity servers reside in an AD domain and point to the same Exchange cluster? The reason I ask is because we are nearing our 512 CSS length limit and figure that if we can have 2 Unity CSS (1 for each server) then this may be a viable work-a-round for the limit. Any other suggestions regarding a work-a-round for the 512 character limit?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, you can have several unity servers in the same exchange cluster, even pointing to the same server. but if you have several exchange servers it's a good idea to have different partner servers.

the limitation of CSS is 1024, 512 in line CSS and 512 in device CSS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, you can have several unity servers in the same exchange cluster, even pointing to the same server. but if you have several exchange servers it's a good idea to have different partner servers.

the limitation of CSS is 1024, 512 in line CSS and 512 in device CSS.

HTH

java

HTH

java

What if I am migrating from exchange 2003 to 2007. I will have unity 7 box pointing to exchange 2003. Then we move a few people at a time to 2007.

What will need to do to move them without disturbing the user?

How do i add the new exchange server to unity?

Thanks,

Randall

1st of all run the PW and delegate all the appropriate permissions on the new Exchange.

I assume both 2003 and 2007 are in the same Exchange organization so you can then use the Exchange tasks to move the mailboxes between message stores.

The best practice is to have the partner Exchange be the highest version available. In this case the best scenario is to have 2007 as partner.

The partner Exchange takes care of the communication with any other Exchange as long as permissions are correct.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: