cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Choosing the IOS for C2950

lmanavalan
Level 1
Level 1

Switch c2950 has the c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-19.EA1c.bin image and i upgraded it with the following image c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA10a.bin. when i tried to reload the switch its says %Error reading the new image and its starts of with the old image.

What could be the issue? what is the version of code best suites for this c2950 switch

11 Replies 11

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Logesh,

verify the size and the hash of the new image comparing with info on CCO

use

verify flash:c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA10a.bin

the file can be corrupted or truncated.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for the reply

I verified the flash and confirmed that the file is not corrupted.

wondering how to proceed.

Hi Logesh,

If you have more than 1 images in the flash then you may need to set the Boot variables to tell the system which IOS to use....

follow this document....to help you

remember you can set booth IOS, one after the other, incase 1st IOS is corrupt, then system will boot using the second IOS....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml#topic3

Hope this Helps.......

Shaheen

Hi

I have verified the image file its not corrupted and i used the Boot system command but, no luck.

is there anything i need to check before reloading the switch so that it can read the new version of code.

Whats the config register set at ?

Configuration register is 0xF

If you do a "show boot" command is it pointing to the new image. To be honest I have never been able to get more than a single image on a 2950 so I am surprised to hear that you have 2 on there. In my experience there has never been enough room to have more than 1 image in flash. Maybe you can find something to help in here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_example09186a0080169627.shtml#concept5

Hi Glen,

You can put two "lite" IOS into a 2950 by deleting the HTML sub-directory.

Yes, i deleted the HTML sub-directory and loaded the new IOS

Thanks Guys for your help.

I have sorted out this issue.

The problem was instead of

boot system flash: Command,

i executed boot system

The word flash was missing.

Thanks

Just checking - is the a 'software upgrade' to purchase if I want to upgrade from a 'c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA1.bin' image to a say 'c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA9.bin'? If yes, where can i find the part number? i searched the entire price list to no avail. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: