Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

system error message ???

Hi, i use Cisco 871 advipservices with IOS ver 12.4T(24). When I make some traffic to internet it gives me this error message:

%FIB-4-FIBCBLK: Missing cef table for tableid 65535 during CEF samecable event

What this message means? Pls help!

7 Replies 7

rajivrajan1
Level 3
Level 3

%FIB-4-FIBCBLK2: Missing cef tableid [dec] during [chars] event for [IP_address][IP_netmask]

Here are some examples of the message as seen in error logs:

%FIB-4-FIBCBLK: Missing cef table for tableid 63 during route update XDR event

%FIB-SP-4-FIBCBLK: Missing cef table for tableid 33 during Table removal event

%FIB-4-FIBCBLK: Missing cef table for tableid 45 during routing table event

The cause of these messages is due to a delete VRF request being generated before the associated NDB (Network Descriptor Block) updates are distributed and processed by linecards. This causes a temporary issue in the CEF table where a table ID is generated but the table itself is removed. This issue normally resolves itself with no intervention, and there is no impact to traffic or the stability of the router. Cisco bug IDs CSCsg03483 and CSCee26209 describe the similar system messages.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps359/products_tech_note09186a0080110d68.shtml

Thanks for your reply, it really helps me!

Do you know how to dissable logging of this error?

We are seeing this error on 12.2(22)T1 and 12.2(24)T as well. Any updated when it will be fixed or what interface it's being generated on?

Hi, Zenon

You can disable logging of this error in "no ip cef", I guess.

However, I do NOT recommend the action because CEF provides benefits and this error isn't impact to traffic as rajivrajan illustrates.

Incidentally, your IOS image fixed up to CSCsg03483 and CSCee26209.

HTH

Tomoyuki

Hi everybody, I have disabled the logging of this error as I use "logging discriminator" function. This way I didn't disable CEF function and the log is not comming up anymore. Thanks!

Hi, Zenon

It was a good lesson for me.

Thank you too.

Tomoyuki

dale.shaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is BugID CSCsx53968: "FIB-4-FIBCBLK errors with dns view"

Cheers!

Symptoms:

Message "%FIB-4-FIBCBLK: Missing cef table for tableid 65535 during CEF samecable event" displayed on the console logs.

Conditions:

The message seems to be generated any time a DNS request is made to the router where the router then has to use the DNS forwarder.

Workaround:

No workaround

Severity: 3 - moderate

Product: Cisco IOS software

1st Found-In:

12.4(24.2)T

Fixed-In:

12.4(24.6)T1

12.2(32.8.11)SR183

12.2(32.8.1)REC186

Component(s): udp

Regression: Y

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco