Views
Helpful
Replies

VPIM

tanmaydevare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi list,

I have tried configuring VPIM networking between Cisco Unity and CUE couple of times however it never seems to work. Can anybody explain the proper procedure to configure the same. You can refer to following scenario,

CUE ID - 200

Unity ID - 100

CUE domain name - cue.cisco.com

Unity domain name - unity.voip.lab

DNS - 10.9.200.22

I would also like to know whether there is separate procedure to configure VPIM if IP addresses are provided instead of domain names.

Appreciate your help

3 Replies 3

redesfusionet
Level 1
Level 1

Let see if I can make it work for you:

1) Uniy Express can route with IP address, but regular Unity will only use DNS.

2) Create the IDs on CUE:

network location id 100

name Unity

email domain unity.voip.lab

enable

network location id 200

name cue

email domain cue.cisco.com

enable

network local location id 200

Note: All the VPIM broadcast info should be automatically added here.

Check DNS resolution by pinging by name.

On Unity

Create a new zone:

cisco.com

Add a new host: cue X.X.X.X

Add a new MX records: Only fill in the mail server:

cue.cisco.com

go to nslookup to check resolution:

>set type = mx

> cisco.com

(Check for address resolution to cue.cisco.com

> voip.lab (if no resolution, check that you added the mx record to this domain as well.

On Unity Admin, add the primary location and use the ID (100) and smtp address, unity.voip.lab

IMPORTANT: check on the delivery options to use Dialing Domain and the check on look for local locations (i don't remember is this is the correct name but there is only one checkbox)

Add a delivery location choosing VPIM and then add the Location ID and the smtp address: cue.cisco.com

Hope this helps!!

Thats nice solution i will try tommorow the same.

ALso if you can provide me the same solution for VPIM broadcasting

Kindly consider the same location id and names.

That would be really appreciable

Hi Arshad,

Basically once you configure this you are going to be using VPIM broadcasting. Now, if you are talking about broadcasting a message this is what you need to do:

1) Create the VPIM configuration as explained before and verify that you can send messages between sites.

2) Create users in Unity as you regularly do.

3) Create remote users by adding a new subscriber, but instead of using "Exchange" type of user, select "VPIM". Right here you will be requested to add the user info along with the location id and remote user extension.

4) Once you do this, create a Public Distribution list and add all users, including the VPIM ones. Send a message to the number you put on extension for Public Distribution and send the message. All subscribers should be notified.

Note: It takes a while for the Public Distribution list to appear as available. Usually it says there is no mailbox associated with this user. This

is because of the VPIM delay.

Let me know if this works for you.

Good Luck,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: